Supporting Rural Communities – Pilot Program (Chidlow and surrounding areas)
Providing assistance to Anyone Who Needs It, no judgement, including:
- Struggling families
- Once off assistance
- Extended crisis care
- Singles & couples
At our heart we want people to know it is ok to ask for help.
The Recovery Portal: Community Food & Crisis Care Program was founded in December 2018 due to the complete lack of services in rural communities.
- 70+ hampers (meat, veggies, staples and gifts) for the women and men in our Recovery Communities in time for Christmas
- 30+ hampers for needy families in Chidlow and surrounding areas for Christmas
- Supporting Rural Communities Program purchased a double metal filing cabinet to become a ‘Chidlow Community Pantry’ located at the Chidlow Primary School in February 2019
- Establishment of Weekly ‘Free Bread/Milk’ at the Bay Tree Cafe
- Ongoing provision of ‘Emergency Hampers’ to struggling local families
The Recovery Portal has already helped so many people with its pilot ‘Supporting Rural Communities’ program. Now, with a head office at the Chidlow Wells Shopping Centre, kindly donated by Garry Ehlers from Cooktown Constructions, we’re looking to network and finance the rapid expansion of our groundbreaking program.
Keep up to date with our services and community impact via our Facebook Page.